What is Rant Room?
Ever had one of those days? One you want to shout about, or need advice on? Well, Rant Room is your safe space to do just that. This private forum is available to Your Hospitality Hub subscribers only.
We want an environment where Your Hospitality Hub subscribers feel free to post, without fear of being unfairly attacked and where members don’t feel overly-policed.
We want the Rant Room to be as open as possible. All moderation will be made using best-judgment and will never be used to stifle opinion, so long as such posts remain within the boundaries set out here.
Moderators have the ability to hide posts, hide threads, and place forum bans for varying periods of time on posters continually breaching the posting guidelines.
Please note that members of the community are encouraged to use the ‘Alert Moderator’ link below any post which they believe breaches the guidelines set out here. This will place the post on the moderators’ list of posts to review.
The following are the guidelines that should be followed when posting to the forums. Some guidelines are about creating a safe space for people to post and discuss, some guidelines are about trying to protect you from libel claims, job loss due to slander/libel etc:-
- Discussions in forums can sometimes get heated; you may take issue with another poster’s viewpoint but you must not resort to personal attacks, abuse or name calling.
- Do not post profanity (swear words). There may be occasions where certain words may be included because it is part of the situation being described. Please use the * instead e.g. B***h
- Do not post material which is threatening, obscene, indecent or pornographic, whether as a new post or as a comment.
- While it is acceptable to post links to external articles and information, you may not use this forum for advertising or promotion of products or services, or canvassing support for political parties or movements. You may post links to personal home pages, but repeated spamming of such links is not permitted.
- Do not make defamatory posts; any post that adversely affects the reputation of a clearly identifiable person or company is likely to be removed. e.g. – Don’t mention the name of the establishment where you are working, Don’t mention the names of your colleagues, Don’t mention the name of the guest/customer
- Do not harass other members of the Rant Room. Harassment is any unwanted conduct including insults, jokes and any remarks affecting the dignity of another. Such conduct could relate to gender, race, nationality, sexuality, religion, disability or other similarly sensitive issues. Harassment is also continuing to contact someone when you have been asked not to.
- Do not post information which invades the privacy of another individual, or the disclosure of which would breach an individual’s reasonable expectation of confidentiality.
- Do not impersonate another person, for whatever reason
- Any posts which are deemed to be incitements to commit violence or criminal offenses, or any post which seeks to influence another to commit violence or a criminal offense, will be removed.
- Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable.
- Threads or comments made in Rant Room are not to be shared outside of Rant Room; no screenshots, posts on Facebook, Twitter etc
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our guidelines including, but not limited to:
- Asking you nicely to stop
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of your account
- Removal of content